Sunday, November 30, 2008

Stuff black people like: #1 hair styles:braids

For centuries now blacks have held the crown for craziest hair styles. I would have to say the craziest hair style that I have ever seen was about a decade or so ago when I was watching “Don’t be a menace to South Central while drinking your juice in the hood.” Not only did this movie have the craziest hair style, I think it holds the record for longest movie title ever to man. Shawn Wayans had a jerry curled high top fade but his brother’s was better. Marlon Wayans had such a ridiculous hair style that there was actual things in his hair such as; weed, dice and pacifiers.




This is not the first time that someone parts their afro into four pig tails, braids the pig tails and adds random things to their head. I just recently cut my braids that I had for 8 years and at one point I had ridiculous hair styles like Marlon. I guess when you are black and have hair, this is where innovation happens.

Here are some pictures of someone advertising their braiding skills on MySpace searching for potential customers. From “zigzags” to “fishnets,” braids were a style over the past decade and the designs were the key components in the fashion statement. Over the years I have had many of these designs and much more. The only bad thing about braids is that it hurts a lot and its quite expensive when you have to pay to get it done.


Here is an image of the famous Snoop Dogg with his perm curls. Snoop has been famous for his long hair and perm designs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Obama did it for us! There is a bailout for the people. Everyone qualifies. I got $750,000.00USD in grants for my bailout.

Bailout for the People